One Day School
Sometimes all your neurodiverse child needs to unlock their magic again is to be with their ‘tribe’. The Summit Academy (TSA) is an independent education provider, where we offer our specialised learning programme in a One Day School format. Classes are held each Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at our Grey Lynn campus.
Your child would regularly attend TSA one day every week and four days at their mainstream school. Attendance is always on the same day since belonging, connection, and friendships are an integral part of our school culture. All TSA One Day School children benefit from:
- being accepted and understood by peers who have similar attitudes and responses
- doing work matched to the child’s level of ability and interest
- having an opportunity to study related and complementary subject areas together
- encouragement to develop a high level of motivation and perseverance
- being in smaller class sizes for maximum individual attention
What would your child do at TSA’s One Day School?
Learning activities are based on the same model as our full-time school and draw on our Three-Strand Day and our Conceptual Curriculum. Lessons are built around cross-curricular themes. These activities:
- involve high-interest challenges to children’s thinking and imagination, with lots of choices
- encourage the development of independent learning skills and nurture confidence, self-esteem and the building of friendships
- provide for a range of different individual interests and areas of ability
"We were desperate to help our son’s self-esteem and confidence. Enrolling him at Summit Point restored his belief in himself."
"Being encouraged to demonstrate his knowledge using educational technology has helped remove barriers to my child’s learning and made him less anxious about tests and assessment."
"The teachers at Summit Point go above and beyond to nurture the different learning styles of students."
"Rebecca supported us to understand our child’s strengths and challenges and find a way to foster his love of learning."
"We have been working with Summit for almost a term and my word, our daughter has come a long way since she started at the school."
"It’s a hard decision sending your child to a ‘special’ school, but now we’re out the other side, we realise how much our daughter needed the attention and environment that Summit Point offers."
"Her time at Summit gave our daughter the space and time to learn at her own pace, be recognised for her talents and participate in the running of the school."
"Graduating from Summit, our child is a confident learner and has a range of strategies which have helped her transition to high school."