Summit Point School
Summit Point School offers an inclusive learning environment for children in year levels two to eight. Summit Point is a New Zealand registered charity administered by a board of directors.
New generation learning
At Summit Point we are committed to empowering students with dyslexia, twice-exceptionality and other language-based learning challenges to realise their potential in the wider world.
We use a strength-based curriculum with a strand designed to narrow literacy and numeracy gaps through the use of our cumulative, sequential, multi sensory programs.
- We educate our students to be effective and confident communicators and critical thinkers
- We believe in the development of the whole child
- Our students will develop strength and self belief alongside like minded peers
- We aspire to have your child leave us equipped with the mental tools, skills and passion they need for a lifetime of learning
We aim to provide equality for our students with their peers in mainstream classrooms. “Journeying together towards our Summit”, describes our shared learning vision at Summit Point School. Through identifying and embracing personal challenges and working collaboratively, your child will finally begin realising their extraordinary capabilities.
This journey has never been an easy one for dyslexic children and Summit Point is so named in recognition of these challenges.
At Summit Point, your child will be inspired, connect with their peers, chase adventure, and pursue their passions. It’s a time for fun, laughter, exploration, and inquiry, while building relationships and expressing creativity.
How Summit Point School differs
Summit Point School structures learning around themes, programs and experiences, this approach is designed to fully engage your child and personalise learning to their specific needs.
At Summit Point School we recognise how diverse, dynamic and distinct your child’s intelligences are. Your child is an individual, with his or her own personal strengths and qualities.
Marrying together these individual qualities, using the vehicle of collaboration and multi-sensory learning, places your child on the path towards becoming a successful lifelong learner.
- Summit Point School registered teachers are experienced and skilled in the field of special educational needs.
- Teaching is tailored to the needs of your child throughout the whole curriculum.
- The school is a small and close knit environment so pupils feel safe, secure and able to try new experiences.
- We carefully assess your child's needs and design an individually tailored program to cater to personal interests, strengths and weaknesses.
- Our hands on, multi-sensory approach is carefully planned across all curriculum areas, providing an explicit and engaging educational experience.
- Self-esteem plays a huge part in a child’s success, confidence will grow from being in a school where your child is suddenly not different, or not having to ‘compete’ against non-dyslexic peers.